Nationwide Title IX Advisors
Representing Individuals in Title IX Misconduct Cases
At Parisi, Coan & Saccocio, PLLC, we provide professional Title IX advisor services. We are dedicated to representing clients with poise and professionalism.
Our firm offers counsel to:
- Students and faculty members who have been accused of violating school sexual harassment, dating violence, and/or sexual policies
- Students and faculty members accusing others of violating Title IX policies
- Witnesses in proceedings involving campus Title IX policies
Since Title IX disciplinary matters are sensitive and can put the accused student in a frightening and confusing situation, experienced advisor services are strongly recommended. Criminal investigations or prosecutions often accompany Title IX cases, complicating things further. While defendants in criminal proceedings have certain rights, these same rights do not exist for students being accused of campus misconduct. In addition, each college and university has its own set of “rules” by which these investigations are handled. There is also a legal difference between the rights ensured to students at state-sponsored colleges/universities and those who attend private institutions.
Title IX: The Stakes
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 requires every school to investigate claims of sexual misconduct, including sexual assault and sexual harassment against students. The stakes are high for the individual facing discipline for misconduct.
Potential consequences include:
- Dismissal from the institution
- Interruption of the students’ course of study
- Negative stigma and reputational harm associated with a finding of responsibility
In addition, there is the interaction that often occurs between the disciplinary investigation and a criminal investigation or prosecution. Individuals need to be advised about the issues associated with their participation or non-participation in the university or college Title IX investigatory process.
How Our Title IX Advisors Can Help You
Since 1999, our Title IX advisors have been helping people – especially students – throughout the country in serious and potentially life-changing legal matters.
In an advisory capacity, we can:
- Help you understand your school’s misconduct policies and process
- Review all charges and allegations made against you
- Explain the consequences (direct and collateral) of the charges made against you and the potential outcomes
- Explain your rights under your school’s misconduct code, Title IX, and/or the Clery Act and the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) amendments to the Clery Act
- Explain your rights under the United States’ Constitution and your state’s constitution
- Assist you in the preparation of a full defense of the alleged misconduct including coordinating any private investigation into the facts and circumstances of your case
- Participate in, to the fullest extent permitted, any hearing or investigation undertaken by your school
- Help you achieve a negotiated disposition, if appropriate
- Advocate your cause before your school’s Title IX investigator, Title IX coordinator, and/or any misconduct disciplinary panel or official
- Advocate to ensure that you receive the full due process rights and/or institutionally promised rights that you are entitled to under the law
- Advocate to ensure that you are afforded all rights granted under Title IX, Department of Education Office of Civil Rights (OCR) “Guidance Letters” and documents, the Clery Act, and the VAWA amendment
- Assist in the preparation of any appeals sought or imposed in conjunction with misconduct disciplinary proceeding results and determinations
- Discuss and consult with you concerning legal options available to pursue within the university's Title IX process in the event of an adverse decision
Please note that our advisor services are not attorney services.
Choosing Parisi, Coan & Saccocio, PLLC
Parisi, Coan & Saccocio, PLLC is licensed to practice Title IX Law at all colleges and universities in New York, California, Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, and New Jersey. In all other states, our firm is permitted to act in the capacity as advisors.
Our firm is familiar with the societal and political trends and movements that have created the current college and university disciplinary system as it pertains to allegations of student-on-student sexual harassment and sexual assault claims (Title IX and Clery Act) and dating/domestic violence or assault (Clery Act/VAWA). We follow the evolution of relevant laws, regulations, and “guidances” while staying well informed of activist organizations’ demands on all sides of the issue.
Attorney Patrick Saccocio is a trial attorney who is experienced in representing those facing criminal charges for alleged acts of dating/domestic violence and those charged with violating federal and state anti-discrimination laws (Title VII and state equivalent). He is experienced in both state and federal court practice. Attorney Gerard Parisi is also a trial attorney familiar with the Title IX process.
Tina Meyberg, MBA is located in San Jose, California, and serves as an accessible and experienced resource for our California and west coast clients. Tina is familiar with the campus Title IX sexual misconduct investigation and disciplinary process. She has first-hand experience in advocating for students charged with Title IX violations and assisting them in navigating the Title IX process.
Parisi, Coan & Saccocio, PLLC does not condone any form of sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating or domestic violence, nor do we condone unfair and unjust investigations or tribunals that deprive accused persons of fundamental due process rights. We protect your rights and demand that any system that adjudicates accused persons does so in a fair, unbiased, and transparent manner.
To learn more about our Title IX advisor services, please call us at (737) 200-2332.